Laying and care of cement tiles
How to lay cement tiles or encaustic tiles or Moroccan tiles:
Cement tiles are a product which will give you a lot of pleasure. However they should be carefully and professionally laid:
- close together (app. 2.5 mm)
- on a dry, level, smooth and sufficiently non-vibrating surface
- on floating screed ready for covering
- carefully oriented and levelled
We expressly recommend having these tiles laid by an experienced floor tiler with experience of this material.
Further details related to laying can be found here.
How to care for cement tiles:
Cement tiles are an unusual product; their special charm is due in part to the fact that they are open-pored. They will keep their intact, silky surface for many years if they are properly cared for:
- with appropriate impregnation,
- with a protective wax layer,
- with special cleaning materials. Above all, acidic cleaning materials must not be used on them.
urther details on care can be found here.